Hunter, Joseph, EdD.
Larsen, Donald E., PhD.
Graduate Program Advisor: Dr. Donald Larsen, Miller Hall 418D, 360-650-4336, Donald.Larsen@wwu.edu
Program Manager: Kimberly Caulfield, Miller Hall 417A, 360-650-3708, Kimberly.Caulfield@wwu.edu
The Educational Administration program is designed to prepare elementary and secondary school teachers and ESAs to assume leadership roles as principals, vice principals, program and department leaders, or instructional technology specialists. Candidates receive a master’s degree and/or are recommended for principal certification after completion of a year-long internship.
The Educational Administration program is offered at four sites — Bellingham, Bremerton, Seattle, and Tacoma.
- Course background appropriate to level of specialization
- Three years of documented successful school-based instructional experience with students (e.g., teaching or ESA employment)
- Application for admission to Graduate School
- Candidate Information Form
- Photocopy of your valid Washington State teacher or ESA certificate. If submitting an ESA certificate, include a letter from your supervisor describing your assignment and service that supports successful school-based instructional experience with students
- A current résumé outlining your education and professional history
- Professional Reference forms (3): one each from two building-level administrators, and one from a district-level administrator
- Official transcript(s) showing all previous course work
- Satisfactory Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scores
- Letter of application stating (a) why you want to become a school administrator, (b) how your understanding of diversity relates to improving learning for all students, and (c) defining your goals and objectives as an education leader
- Prerequisite Experience for a Principal’s Certificate (Form SPI/CERT 4001F-C) if you are also pursuing your principal’s certificate
- An interview with a program advisor may be required
Please submit the online application for admission to the Graduate School: www.wwu.edu/gradschool/