College of Business & Economics
This program is not currently accepting new students. For further information contact the Department of Accounting, Western Washington University, 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225, Phone: (360) 650-3202, Email: email@example.com
Gilbertson, David L., PhD, auditing/financial accounting.
Hutton, Marguerite R., PhD, taxation.
Reynolds, Mary Ann, PhD, accounting.
Sanders, George D., PhD, financial/governmental accounting.
Senge, Stephen V., DBA, financial reporting.
Sim, Khim L., PhD, managerial accounting.
Singleton, William R., PhD, taxation.
Smith, Steven H., PhD, financial accounting.
Taylor, Audrey, PhD, managerial accounting.
Warner, Daniel M., JD, business law.
Graduate Program Office, Parks Hall 419, 360-650-3898
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 360-650-4844
Program Advisor: Dr. Stephen V. Senge
Department of Accounting: Dr. George D. Sanders, Chair
The College of Business and Economics is accredited by the AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
The MPAcc program is a 48-credit graduate degree to be completed in three quarters. It is designed to:
- Provide opportunities for students to improve their expertise in a field that is rapidly becoming more complex.
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills required in Washington for professional licensing as CPAs in an effective manner.
- Help meet the demand in Washington for well-trained professional accountants.
Admission and Prerequisites
- A bachelor’s degree with an accounting emphasis from an AACSB-accredited business school is required for admission to the program.
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in the last 90-quarter or 60-semester hours of study.
- Students must achieve an acceptable score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) must be submitted by applicants who are not native speakers of English.
- Official application form to the Graduate School
- Two sets of official transcripts from all previous college-level work (no more than two years old).
- GMAT scores and, if applicable, TOEFL scores.
- Personal statement of background and intention.
- Résumé showing work experience.
- Application deadline: March 15 for fall quarter admission only.
To apply for admission, send the application and supporting documents to the Graduate School. Further information is provided in the Graduate School section of this catalog.