Department of Management, College of Business and Economics
The Business Administration-General Concentration is currently only available to students at our Poulsbo campus.
The Business Administration program is designed to prepare students for leadership roles in business and the community. One program objective is to provide students with the perceptual and analytical skills necessary to make decisions and evaluate policies in business; another is to develop student understanding of the social, economic and regulatory environments in business. The program is designed for students with a variety of career goals, including opportunities with financial institutions, manufacturing and retail firms, service industries and the public sector.
Learning Competency Goals
- Demonstrate breadth of business knowledge
- Produce quality business documents
- Analyze problems using an ethical perspective
- Analyze the legal implications of business decisions
- Critically analyze problems and defend resolutions
- Solve business problems using quantitative techniques
- Apply a global perspective in conducting business
- Identify and analyze social consequences of business activities
- Understand the importance of environmental sustainability
Why Consider a General Concentration in Business Administration Major?
The College of Business and Economics prepares men and women for positions of leadership and stewardship in the management and administration of complex organizations — from small companies to large multinational enterprises. Students develop managerial skills, analytic economic skills and interpersonal sensitivities, as well as quantitative and accounting skills. All students earning a degree in Business Administration will develop significant understanding of management information systems and computing.
CBE Admissions & Scholarships
Parks Hall 419
Parks Hall 351A
Academic Department Manager
Parks Hall 351
Western on the Peninsulas
Project Management | Event Planning | Management Consulting | Nonprofit Management | Government | Small Business
How to Declare (Admission and Declaration Process):
Admission to programs in the College of Business and Economics (CBE) is selective and based upon prior academic performance and other evidence of high promise. For admission to CBE as a Business Major with a General Concentration, students must have completed the following requirements:
General Concentration in Business Administration, BA (Poulsbo Campus only)
- Confirmed admission to Western Washington University - Apply to WWU online/Apply to WWU by Paper/Mail
- A completed Extension Transfer/Post-Baccalaureate Application
- Achieved a 2.5 cumulative college GPA (including transfer work)
- A plan that includes completion of the CBE foundation courses (if not completed before applying to WWU
To help the Admissions Office match up your documents, we recommend that you include your full name and date of birth on all materials.
Mail all application materials to:
Western Washington University
Office of Admissions
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
A grade of C- or better is required for a student’s major or minor courses, and supporting courses for majors and minors.