2011-2012 Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Professional Administrator Certificate (In Moratorium)
7-15 credits (credit option); a non-credit option is also available.
See http://www.wce.wwu.edu/Depts/EDAD/ProCert.shtml for specific details.
Designed for Washington educators who hold a residency administrator certificate and have two years experience in an administrative role. Candidates earn the Washington State professional administrator certificate.
This program is currently in moratorium. The Educational Administration program will review this decision each spring for possible reinstatement.
- Official Transcripts: Two from the institution that awarded your master’s degree. If you previously attended WWU, it is not necessary to provide WWU transcripts or other transcripts previously submitted to WWU.
- Résumé outlining your education and professional history.
- One copy of valid Washington State certificate (residency principal or residency program administrator).
- Verification of Two Years Experience & Employment Form
- Candidate Information Form
- EESP Registration form (non-credit option only)
Prior to submitting an application, interested applicants to this program should contact the educational administration office, Miller Hall 416A.
Application Procedure (Credit Option)
All applicants seeking the credit option must complete the Graduate School online application and items 1-5 of the supporting application materials indicated above. This secure process includes credit card payment of a $50 application fee and instructions for providing the materials indicated above.
Admission to this cohort program is offered once a year; starting term is Fall. If selecting the credit option and to receive full consideration for admission, applicants must submit all application materials by the August 1 deadline. Applications will not be forwarded to the department for review until all required materials have been received.
Application Procedure (Non-Credit Option–Fee Only)
All applicants seeking the non-credit option (fee only) must complete items 2-6 above and submit them directly to:
Educational Administration, MS 9087
Department of Educational Leadership
Western Washington University
516 High Street
Bellingham, WA 98225-9087
For applicants seeking the non-credit option, a fee of $1299 (the support fee of $1,200 plus the $99 POLE 360 fee) is payable with your application and provides four consecutive academic quarters of facilitated assistance. Beyond four quarters there will be an additional minimum charge of $500.
If seeking the non-credit (fee only) option, please bring all application materials, to the Information Session. The non-credit registration deadline is September 15.
- Valid residency principal or program administrator certificate.
- Two years’ experience in a certificated administrator position.
- Contracted status as an administrator.
Additional Information (if necessary)
Note: This program is currently in moratorium. The Educational Administration program will review this decision each spring for possible re-instatement.